Works of Arthur Conan Doyle
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets CSS enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets CSS if you are able to do so.
Author:Arthur Conan Doyle
This page has been archived and is no longer updated. Find out more about page archiving. Conan Doyle died of a heart attack on 7 July World War One Centenary. The actual text in the novel nearly always uses "the Sign of the Four" the five-word phrase to describe the symbol in the story. It was Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories, published in the Strand magazine after that made Sherlock Holmes a literary immortal. A note on the text In his memoirs, Conan Doyle describes how he was commissioned to write this story over a dinner at the Langham hotel with Joseph M Stoddart, managing editor of Lippincott's on 30 August Topics Arthur Conan Doyle The best novels.
Fiction Crime fiction Classics Thrillers Sherlock features. Reuse this content. Order by newest oldest recommendations.
- Arthur Conan Doyle - Books, Sherlock Holmes & Facts - Biography!
- Food Philippine Culinary Magazine Special Recipe Collection?
- Arthur Conan Doyle (Primary Works): Selected full-text books and articles.
- PRIMATE ORIGINS: Adaptations and Evolution.
- Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The best novels: No 26 – The Sign of Four by Arthur Conan Doyle () | Books | The Guardian.
- Arthur Conan Doyle - Biography and Works. Search Texts, Read Online. Discuss..
Show 25 25 50 All. Threads collapsed expanded unthreaded. Loading comments… Trouble loading?
- BBC - History - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The Writing of Official History under the T’ang.
- Solar and Heat Pump Systems for Residential Buildings.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Literary Career;
- Industrial Chemical Cresols and Downstream Derivatives (Chemical Industries).
- The Complete Works of Arthur Conan Doyle in 56 volumes!
And a courage that never will shirk; To give your mind to it, and know how to do it And put all your heart in your work. But he wrote much more besides: supernatural fiction, in the era of the Victorian ghost story; historical fiction of all kinds, including his superbly humorous Brigadier Gerard stories about the Napoleonic wars; early science-fiction, in The Lost World and other tales of the turbulent Professor Challenger; and more. I fear I can't make anything of either of them. It's too delicate and getting too near to self advertisement.
I'm glad to understand that the serial has not disappointed you. Home today.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle:Complete Works
I had to give him a free hand, and I understand that he has approached Mr Tree, but nothing, as far as I know, has been definitely arranged, and I have told Bright that Sir Henry had shown some interest in the idea, so if there is any hitch he will submit a copy to him. He also wrote a good deal of nonfiction as well, including histories of the Boer War, and later World War I, and spiritualist works, and in his autobiography Memories and Adventures, with a second edition in , the year of his death.